Location: Based in Bracknell, Berkshire
This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving business with a reputable brand in an empowering and supportive working environment with plenty of opportunity to learn and develop your career.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Assistant CAD Technician to join our team of skilled technicians and structural engineers. Knowledge of structural detailing, primarily in the residential sector would be beneficial. AutoCAD knowledge and a willingness to learn Revit is essential. The successful candidate will be supported by experienced team members and offered excellent career development opportunities plus a varied, challenging, and growing workload. Our projects range in size from large new build developments to smaller complex refurbishments.
- City and Guilds Computer Aided Design Course or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Team player capable of a flexible approach
- Energetic & self-motivated
- Commitment, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic
- Must be eligible to live & work in the UK
- General IT Skills to include a good understanding of (Word/Excel/Outlook/Teams)
- Learn to understand company drawing standards and protocols.
- Assist with uploading document information to the required platform.
- Assist with filling out the issue sheet, while checking pdf document titles.
- Review and understand manufacturers details.
- Work towards performing your role independently and maintain a good willingness to learn.
- Develop time management skills.
- Ensure all current CAD revisions are filed correctly.
- Ensure that all project related information is stored and maintained in compliance with the company QA procedures.
- Export Revit models (whole floor plates, not parts and sections) on a weekly basis so engineers who are not using Revit can review / use your drawings. Issue model to the architect on a weekly basis.
- Be responsible for taking notes when shadowing a senior member of staff and putting notes to good practice in future.
- Attend weekly seminar/Q&A sessions, and any CPD sessions.
Salary: £16,000 – £22,000 (experience dependant), plus benefits
Benefits: Company pension, private healthcare, annual bonus scheme plus business mileage payments
Gravity Consulting Engineers Ltd develops individuals through a variety of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Right to Work
In order to comply with immigration legislation, Gravity Consulting Engineers Ltd is legally required to verify your right to work in the UK. As a result, if you are invited to interview, we ask that you bring along original documentation that shows what rights you have to employment so we can check our documents at this time. We will explain exactly what is required when we send you an invitation.
To Apply: Please send your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org