Based in our Bracknell, Berkshire Office
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Graduate Structural Engineer to join our team of skilled Engineers and Technicians.
- Degree Level Qualified
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Team player capable of a flexible approach
- Commitment, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic
- Energetic & self-motivated
- Strong IT capabilities including working experience of Microsoft Office
Responsibilities will be as follows:
- General IT Skills to include a good understanding of (Word/Excel/Outlook/Teams)
- Continually improve knowledge in the design of reinforced concrete, steel, masonry and timber (training will be provided).
- Implement a high level of attention to detail and check your work to help produce high quality deliverables.
- Assisting with compiling calculations, checking drawings against calculations and general project management.
Management – Personal and Business:
- Work towards performing your role independently and maintain a good willingness to learn.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organization skills.
- Good communication skills to include answering telephone in a professional manner.
- Work strictly to programmes agreed between you and your line manager.
- If attending meetings and site visits with your line manager or a senior member of staff, represent the Company well. Remain polite to all clients and all design team members.
- If required, respond promptly to daily calls from clients, other design team members and contractors. Note: the Company policy for any query is to respond within the day.
- Assisting the design team to meet the deadlines set by your line manager.
- Be responsible for taking notes when shadowing a senior member of staff and putting notes to good practice in future.
- Attend weekly seminar/Q&A sessions, and any CPD sessions.
Health and Safety:
- Take responsibility for personal Health and Safety matters – both in the office and on site.
- Keep up to date with any H&S updates communicated by Office Management and maintain a knowledge of the company H&S policies shared at your induction.
The successful candidate will be supported by experienced team members and offered excellent career development opportunities plus a varied, challenging, and growing workload.
Benefits: Company pension, private healthcare, annual bonus scheme plus business mileage payments.
Training: Gravity Consulting Engineers Ltd develops individuals through a variety of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
To Apply: Please send your curriculum vitae to email@example.com
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us!